Interested in participating on or leading a construction team?
Team – Higher Hope Church. Dates: May 27 – June 6, 2019
- Team Leader – Al Erickson. Email at BorderBuddiesMinistries@stny.rr.com
Team – Victory Highway Wesleyan Church. Dates: June 21 – July 1, 2019
- Team Leader – Brad Hinman. Email at BorderBuddiesMinistries@stny.rr.com
Medical Team #7. Dates: Fall of 2019
- Team Leader Dr. Robert Armstrong. Email at BorderBuddiesMinistries@stny.rr.com
Here are some basic details and costs for a team to do a construction project and stay at the Border Buddies Mission House in Tegucigalpa, Honduras:
- Teams scheduled from March through October.
- Trips usually 10-11 days.
- Group sizes 8 to 16 persons.
- Lodging in the up-to-date mission house of your missionary hosts, in the city of Tegucigalpa. Showers, all modern conveniences, internet, etc.
- Airplane tickets at current price – typically ranging between $800 and $1200 depending where you are located. Border Buddies can book your flight for you.
- $50.00 per person for each day in Honduras covers Food and Lodging, which includes food from COSTCO, purified water, electricity (same outlets as in U.S.), wi-fi and ground transportation. Optional trips for ice-cream or special outings will be elective and at your additional expense. All meals are prepared in the Mission House and consist primarily of U.S. products. We are extremely careful about food and water safety for your team.
- $6,000.00 minimum for project materials for a construction team of 10 or less. Groups over 10 should plan on $600 per person. If you can meet that figure, it greatly enhances the overall project by helping to hire locals to work with the team. All tools and materials supplied by Border Buddies. Bring your own gloves, etc and anything else you might want for the specifics or your project.
- We can offer a side trip to the Mayan Ruins in Copan, or to the beaches on the Pacific Ocean. Those are additional costs and can be worked out between a team and your mission hosts.
- Day trips to Valley of Angels and Picacho Mountain are easy to fit into the schedule; the gas and entry fees are included with the Food and Lodging fee.
The money for these costs and the costs for each project are to be deposited to our account one month in advance of arrival to the country of Honduras.
All checks can be made out to Border Buddies Ministries Inc. and mailed to our New York office at:
Border Buddies Ministries, Inc.
P.O. Box 1254
Elmira, NY 14902
If you are interested in being on a team please contact Michael Miller at:
If you think you’d like to lead a construction team, check out:Team Leader’s Manual 2019 Team Leaders Manual
Or if you’re interested in being on a construction team check out:Team Members Manual 2019 Team Member Manual