Interested in participating on or leading a construction team?
Team #49 Higher Hope Church. Dates: May 1 – May 11, 2018
- Team Leader – Al Erickson. Email at BorderBuddiesMinistries@stny.rr.com
Team #50 Pennsylvania Avenue United Methodist Church. Dates: May 21-June4, 2018
- Team Leaders – Mark Erway and Rick Dean. Email at BorderBuddiesMinistries@stny.rr.com
Team #51 Victory Highway Wesleyan Church. Dates: June 14-June25, 2018
- Team Leader – Brad Hinman. Email at BorderBuddiesMinistries@stny.rr.com
Team #52 Victory Highway Wesleyan Church. Dates: July 20-July 30, 2018
- Team Leader TBD. Email at BorderBuddiesMinistries@stny.rr.com
Medical Team #6. Dates: September 27-October 7, 2018
- Team Leader Dr. Robert Armstrong. Email at BorderBuddiesMinistries@stny.rr.com
Here are some basic details and costs for a team to do a construction project and stay at the Border Buddies Mission House in Tegucigalpa, Honduras:
- Teams scheduled from March through October.
- Trips usually 10-11 days.
- Group sizes 6 to 16 persons.
- Lodging in the up-to-date mission house of your missionary hosts, in the city of Tegucigalpa. Showers, all modern conveniences, internet, etc.
- Airplane tickets at current price – typically ranging between $900 and $1200 depending where you are located. Border Buddies can book your flight for you.
- $50.00 per person for each day in Honduras covers Food and Lodging, which includes food from COSTCO, purified water, electricity (same outlets as in U.S.), wi-fi and ground transportation. Optional trips for ice-cream or special outings will be elective and at your additional expense. All meals are prepared in the Mission House and consist primarily of U.S. products. We are extremely careful about food and water safety for your team.
- $6,000.00 minimum for project materials for a construction team of 10 or less. Groups over 10 should plan on $600 per person. If you can meet that figure, it greatly enhances the overall project by helping to hire locals to work with the team. All tools and materials supplied by Border Buddies. Bring your own gloves, etc and anything else you might want for the specifics or your project.
- Copan trips and overnights will be extra and will be paid for by each individual. If you are thinking about going to the Copan Ruins it is a 6 hour drive from Tegucigalpa where the team will be staying. The cost per night in a hotel is $75.00 for two people. The meals are very inexpensive. So plan at least 2 to 3 days extra if you want to visit the Mayan Ruins of Copan. This needs to be part of the overall plan from the beginning of the planning process.
- Day trips to Valley of Angels and Picacho Mountain are easy to fit into the schedule; the gas and entry fees are included with the Food and Lodging fee.
The money for these costs and the costs for each project are to be deposited to our account one month in advance of arrival to the country of Honduras.
All checks can be made out to Border Buddies Ministries Inc. and mailed to our New York office at:
Border Buddies Ministries, Inc.
P.O. Box 1254
Elmira, NY 14902
If you are interested in being on a team please contact Michael Miller at:
If you think you’d like to lead a construction team, check out:Team Leader’s Manual Leaders Manual updated for 2018